Monday, October 3, 2011

Oh what a night!

Well the month started with a real couponing bang. 7 coupon inserts in the paper this weekend. That's a lot of clipping. If you could get your hands onto any papers that is. I usually pick up a Weekend Edition of the L.A. Times which is the Sunday paper on Saturday. Sold out everywhere. When my husband tried to buy a Sunday paper after his Sunday run he was told by the 7/11 clerk that he was 5 hours to late.

Apparently an overzealous Extreme Couponing inspired lady got there at 4am and bought 50 papers. How do I know this is a newbie? No experienced couponer would buy that many papers at retail price $2 bucks a pop. They would either negotiate a bulk rate, have them delivered or just order the inserts for waaay less.

All over the couponing boards I have heard stories of stolen coupons, stolen papers and sold out newsstands. Now while I was inspired to resume couponing by the TLC show I did start my journey before I had even seen an episode. I think if I had I would have turned out and dropped out. I'm just not that crayzee.

Judging from the manila folder I found tucked into my glove box I think I resumed clipping about January but stopped and then made a concentrated effort around the middle of July. Things started to click in mid August, started to get serious in September. Now it's October and I'm on fire thanks to some HOT coupons from this weekend.

Oh and to newbie keep your eyes off my newspapers.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment