Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Green Bag Tag

In my haste I forgot to mention the third reason I love CVS: The Green Bag Tag.



The way it works is pretty simple. You buy one for  $1. They are available at the checkout counter where the CVS giftcards are usually kept. The cashier will scan it every time you make a purchase and decline a plastic bag. You can either use your own bag : reusable, recycled plastic, paper etc type doesn't matter OR just hand carry your items out. For ever 4 scans you will receive $1 ECB so 25c a transaction.

Fine print: You can only get the credit once per card per day. Picking up prescriptions count which is good since they come in their own bag. If you a shopping with a friend you can both use the same green bag tag as they are not tied to a particular card.

I keep mine on my keychain so I never forget it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment