Friday, February 3, 2012

Lip Palettes

I'll admit it. I'm OBSESSED with lip palette and eye palettes. I think I wanted to be a painter once upon a time since anything that looks like an art supply I love. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Whats more fun than using palettes? Making them. When you buy a premade lip palette your stuck with just the lipstick that company makes and their ideas of what colors work. What better way to get something with all the lipsticks you like to wear and some forgotten ones to make a lip palette.



This is a small one I made from lip stick samples. I love it except for one thing. The lipstick formulations has mint in it so it makes your lips tingle. The palette is from Japonesque and they make lots of great lipstick palettes.


This time I'm trying to go a little bit more professional. I order some metal eyeshadow pans from eBay. They were about $5 for 20 pans (as you can see I really need 21) I'm using an empty Mac Eyeshadow Palette which I've removed the divider for. But that's because thats what I had you can make one from any hinged container you like. What would be super cute is a pencil tin. You could probably fit 2 rows of shadow with room for a lipstick brush like my palette above. The eBay store also had round pans which would just fit into the Mac palettes without removing the divider.

Here's how to make a Hello Kitty palette.



And heres the video that inspired me to make the palette I'm going to make


0 comments:

Post a Comment