Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The "RITE" way to save

At the beginning of my savings adventure I gave Rite Aid a whirl but didn't really find any deep savings or anything that wowed me like CVS did. I plan to write a post soon about just how much I love CVS but Rite Aid or "Righty's as my sister visiting from New Zealand called it has been slowly winning my heart. First with some free body wash and toothbrushes and then BAM! with this weeks monster haul.


First of all let me say YES I do have two Rite Aid Wellness Cards because I have two addresses. I have 2 CVS cards too and I think it's more than fair. If you have a compelling reason why I shouldn't feel free to let me know.

So here's what I got.

4 Rite Aid Hand Sanitizer $1 - $1UP+ = FREE

( I had one from last sale this comes up for sale a lot) Your allowed to get 4 per card so I could get 4 more if I felt like it. I'm a nurse who goes out in the field so having bottles of hand sanitizer that I can leave everywhere and not worry about the cost is a bonus.

2 Cepacol Sore Throat Drops $2.50 - $250 UP+ = FREE (
2 Burt Bees Natural Throat Drops $1.49 - $1.49 UP+ = FREE 
8 John Frieda Shampoo and Conditioners $5 each - $2 coupon - $5UP+ WYB 2 = 50c bottle  
6 Colgate Optic White Toothpaste 4.0oz 2/$7.98 - 2 $1/1 coupons - $6UP+ WYB 2 = FREE
2 Colgate Optic White Toothbrushes 2/$7.98 - 2 40c/1 coupons - $6UP+ WYB 2 = 60c each
Preparation H Totables Wipes 10ct $3 - $3UP+ =FREE
2 Comtrex Cold and Flu $3.99-$3 UP+ = 99c
2 Blistex Lip Ointment $1.49 - $1.49 UP+ = FREE
1 Bayer Asprin $2.99 - $1/1 coupon - $2UP+ = 0.01 MM
Neilmed Nasal Mist $5 - $5UP+
1 Choraseptic Throat Drops $3.99 -$1/1 coupon - $3 UP+  = 0.01 MM


Overall I spent just a little over $4 OOP. I did multiple little trips to reduce my OOP and partially because I only realized certain things were on sale until later. So far as limit goes most of the freebies except for the hand sanitizer were limit 1 per card. The Optic White was a limit of 4 UP+ rewards per card so you can get a combo of 8 toothpastes or brushes. The John Frieda is a limit of 2 UP+ Rewards so you can get 4 bottles but this is a monthly deal so if you did it last week you can't do it this week.


I WILL use everything I bought. I DID pass on some deals this week


WYB = When You Buy
OOP = Out of Pocket
MM = Money Maker
UP+ = A form of store credit Rite Aid gives you as an incentive to purchase.


0 comments:

Post a Comment