Friday, October 7, 2011

Friends dont let friends pay retail



Today I had a chance to show my strut my savings off to a friend of mine. We went to Rite Aid where the sale in Southern California breaks on Friday to grab some of the special fall flu savings they have this week.

I kept my list short and sweet and only had coupons for the toothpaste *shock* because everything else was free after UP+ rewards.



I got 4 tubes of the Colgate Optic White toothpaste I've been trying to find since I seemed to be striking out on each and every toothpaste bargain I found. I also got the Blistex Lip Balm, some Cepacol drops, 2 bottles of hand sanitizer and some Preparation H tote able wipes because my ass is precious.

It came to $10.63 including tax after I used my 4 $1/1 coupons for the toothpaste and my $12.50 UP rewards from the Covergirl and Scope deal from last week. I got $20.99 in UP+ back though the cashier miscounted and told me I got $18 :).

So the final cost when calculating UPs received and UPs used was -4c plus tax.

For those new to couponing you always have to pay tax on the precoupon total. Sad but true. Some times all you have to pay is tax. So my full after tax costs was $2.14 for 8 items.

To my fabulous friend who may be reading this a good couponers price for the M&Ms 1.5oz bags is about 9c each.


0 comments:

Post a Comment