Friday, October 28, 2011

BOGO's and Coupons and +Up's OH MY!


My favorite type of couponing are the more subtle deals. The ones that require combing this sale and that coupon and getting that incentive or rebate. The type of bargain hunting the average person can't or won't do.


The weekly sale at Rite Aid starts on Friday in Southern California and often the big coupon matchup sites don't have their drugstore matches up until late Saturday but I wanted to shop today so I had to make my own deals. The early start usually gives me a chance to use coupons that expire before Sunday which is a nice perk

 This week select Gillette and Old Spice Bodywashes, sprays and deodorants are on sale BOGO50% which for those of you not familiar with the slang means Buy One at full price Get One 50% off. There is also another promotion which is spend $50 on select P&G products get $15 +UP's back. I had some $2/1 Gillette Bodywash, $2/1 Gillette Deodorant, $2/1 Old Spice Body Spray and $1/1 Any Old Spice Product coupons that expire 10/31. So I wanted to put them to good use.

Now Rite Aid has a coupon policy that only lets you use 4 like coupons per transaction and the register will actually beep at the cashier when they try to scan more than 4 so you can't be sneaky and try and sneak an extra coupon or two through. Now my cashiers at my local Rite Aid know this and will ask you if you want to do multiple transactions which is why I like that location. I don't actually ever DO multiple transactions but it' nice to have the option. I had preplanned my trip to only use 4 of each coupon as the P&G coupons have wording on them that limits them to 4 like coupons per shopping trip and I like to honor that where possible.

I bought 4 Gillette Body Washes, 4 Gillette Deodorants, 4 Old Spice Body Sprays and 2 Old Spice Body Washes. I had $2/1 coupons for everything except the Old Spice Body Wash which I used the $1/1 ANY Old Spice product coupons on. All of them were $4.99 regular retail which makes the math really easy. The regular retail price was $69.86. With the BOGO50% the precoupon/tax total was $52.36 which was enough to trigger the spend $50 get $15 deal. After coupons the total was $26.36. I used a $15 +UP from last week. Paid $11.36 + tax in cash and got a $15 +UP to replace the one I spent.



An 84% savings over regular retail price. Now of course the bargain doesn't stop there. Each bodywash came with a free mini deodorant. These travel sized deodorants normally sell for about $1 at Target so thats another $6 in retail value. If I had done separate transactions and not gotten the Old Spice Body Wash and gotten another 2 of the products I had $2/1 coupons for I would have gotten change from a $10 bill.

I'm happy with the deal I got though 20 items for $12 thats 60c each which is my buy price for premium body wash and deodorant. Besides I'm an Old Spice girl. Don Coupon will be smelling good for a good while to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment