Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Count Von Count did NOT come to my rescue

So I received a nice yet smarmy reply from the restaurant I had eaten at the other day that had misapplied my coupon discount. They basically insinuated that we the customer were wrong and that we had ordered the wrong thing.

Now in my mind buy one sandwich get one free with the purchase of two drinks is fairly straightforward. Apparently not. 20% entire order seems straightforward too. Apparently to them it means a discount off our drinks only. Whoopie I saved 74c on my soda.

They did state this "We receive about 15 of those coupons every day and unfortunately every 2 or 3 days we do have to make it a little more clear to the customer.  What's even more unfortunate is that there is no other way to make it more clear on the coupon (it is mentioned on the bottom of the coupon that it cannot be combined with any other specials)  as this coupon will be running for another 4 months with the same design."

To me this implies that there are rules of redemption not printed on the coupon so they are violating the contract between the customer presenting the coupon and the place of business. They want to change the terms and conditions because they didn't create the coupon correctly in the first place OR they did not anticipate the response and are not willing to give the discount on that scale

I didn't mention the restaurant name before because I wanted to be nice and fair but gloves are off now the restaurant is Fantastic Cafe on Gaffey Street in San Pedro.

The link to the yelp review is here

Fantastic Cafe Review

UPDATE: Just received another message from Fantastic Cafe. Now they want me to send them a copy of my receipt so they can check to see if their registers are working properly. In reality they want my receipt so I can't use it to file a complaint with the LA County Department of Weights and Measures but here's the thing I already did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment