Thursday, September 29, 2011

Saving money for the lazy = Fresh & Easy



I know I know your a busy lady or gentleman and you just don't have time to clip coupons or match sales. Thats what I always used to say. But I still saved money just not as much of it.

I used to shop at Fresh & Easy. In general Fresh & Easy is a cheaper alternative to Trader Joes that sells mostly store brand merchandise with a few brand names mixed in. For a single person or couple with limited time and fancy tastes they are probably the way to go for 3 reasons.

1) Overall prices are lower without lowering quality

2) They have a really great clearance corner and I once picked up a $20 ham for $4 after Easter. I think that was the ham that started it all.

3)While they don't take manufacturers coupons they do issue their own store coupons which if you shop right can take off of 25% of your total without trying too hard.

A couple of tricks for the coupons.

Sign up for the mailing list and you'll get my favorite coupons $5/20 which is your buy ~$20 = 25% off there already low prices. Stock your cart with some of their sale meats or veggies and you ain't doing so bad.

Second the register will allow you to scan 2 coupons per transactions so lets say you spent $70 and had a $10 off $50 coupon and a $5 off $20 coupon you can use both to save $15 off your $70 purchase.

I used to consider these Fresh and Easy coupons to be like free money and you should too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment