Monday, November 28, 2011

Turning of the TIDE

I have to admit I'm not really that brand loyal when it comes to cleaning products. I think they all have the same ingredients and paying significantly more doesn't make sense. Of course some very low end laundry detergents are low quality but the average laundry detergent is good enough for me. So I'm not a TIDE girl.  I know TIDE devotees swear up and down that TIDE cleans better than the others but I'm just NOT interested.

What I am interested in is paying less for more. So when the TIDE's aligned  I was receptive to trying new things in the laundry department.



The sale was on the TIDE 32 loads bottles which sell for around $9 a CVS. Might be (probably) cheaper at the supermarket. This week they are on sale for $5.94 PLUS they are part of the buy $30 get a $10 Gift Card PLUS I had a $5/25 CVS Coupon and 5x $2/1 TIDE coupons. The math breaks down like this.

Regular Retail $45

5x $5.94 = $29.70 - $5/25 = $24.70 - 5x $2/1 = $14.90 - $10 Giftcard received = $4.70

94c a bottle.

I used my ECB that I earned on Thanksgiving Day so I only paid 91c OOP and a got a $10 American Express Giftcard back effectively turning my ECB's into cash. You'll notice I only had $29.70 towards the spend $30 get $10. CVS gives you a leeway of about 50c on these deals. YMMV though.


0 comments:

Post a Comment