Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY Savings

I'm a very DIY girl. It doesn't matter how much money I have I always want to do it myself. This includes haircolor and even making hair extensions. My latest project is formulating a hair color using professional dyes vs box color which I have been using and getting free or even the "professional" dyes you get at Sally's

I'm aiming for a nice chocolate brown with no reddy undertones. I have been reading the Killerstrands blog and have come up with a formula combination of 3 permanent colors mixed together for the base and 2 demi permanent colors to glaze over and to use to refresh the color periodically

So using 5 colors mixed together sounds expensive though when you consider it that I'll likely get 4 applications it doesn't sound so bad. I guess the real cost benefit analysis will be how good it looks and whether the quality will compare what I get out of the box vs what I get at the salon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment