Monday, January 9, 2012

DIY Hair Results

Well the hair adventure worked out well and with some work, planning and professional supplies I got a professional result and managed to even out all the layers of box color and get a nice chocolate brown. It has a shimmery shiny quality but it's not a dramatic change in fact Don Coupon couldn't tell the difference.

What did I use?


1/3 a tube of Wella Koleston Perfect in 6/0 Neutral, 6/2 Matte and 6/7 Brown with 4oz of 20 Volume Peroxide developer.

Before I colored for a week before I did the shampoo train where I shampooed several times using cheap shampoo to help lift the old color out and actually it did a pretty good job too. I put a "Malibu 2000" Color Correcting treatment on the day before I colored too.

So how did the pricing work out well the tubes of color were $10 each ( remember these are professional hair dyes so they are sold like paints and you mix them together and choose what strength of developer you need) and I used 1/3 of 3 colors so $10 for the actual color.

The pro level develop was $12 for 1L/33.3oz so thats 36c a oz and I used 4oz so $1.44 for developer.

So thats $11.44 for a single process color. Now the salon I used to use charges $85 for a single process color so thats over $80 savings. Now I know I mentioned previously I was going to use 5 colors and I am. In 4 weeks time I will refresh the ends with a demi permanent color using Wella's Color Touch in 6/0 Neutral and 6/77 Intense Brown. When my roots start to grow in I will retouch with the Koleston only in the roots. Just like the pros ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment