Monday, October 24, 2011

Just dab a quarter sized amount on.

A quarter sized checkout that is as in 25c.

I really like taking good care of my skin and Sephora has traditionally been my first stop for my skin care needs but when you think about it Sephora's whole concept is to have a drug store like feel where you can browse or shop without the sales people getting in the way. Or it used to be. I remember the first Sephora's so nice and clean, it was fun to sample and play but now they have too many makeup artists annoying you and the displays are alway s empty and grotty dirty that it doesn't really make me want to buy. That and my coach wallet has a hole in it.

So as part of my savings adventure it makes sense to see how far my skin dollars can go. I have been buying my Retin-A from Mexico for years so I'm not stranger to skin care adventure.

Everything you see was purchased for 23c + tax cash OOP. I DID use some ECB/+UP/ so if you were to recreate these hauls without any ECB or +UP's banked up You might pay $15 for over $100 worth of skin care products. In addition to only paying 25c out of pocket I received back $10+UP from Rite Aid $10 ECB from CVS and $10 CVS Beauty Bucks.




The first transaction at CVS I did I picked up the Lumene Anti-Puffiness Roll-on Eye Serum. It was on clearance for $2.10 and I used a $4 off Lumene coupon. The coupon should have been adjusted down but was not and the overage applied to the rest of my transaction.

The second transaction at CVS was the Lumene deal. Spend $20 get $5ECB I bought the Lumene Radiant Touch Toner and the Arctic Touch Deep Cleaning Peat Mask. Both were $11.79 each and I used a $4/1 coupon on each.


The third transaction was at Rite Aid. The sale was buy one get one 50% and then also buy $30 get $10+UP. Then you could submit for the $10 Olay rebate  as well. I used the $3/1 any Regenerist Moisturizer or Cleanser coupons. This was the transaction that was 23c OOP. The other two came out a zero balance.

 If you just wanted to buy moisturizer you could use the $10/2 coupon thats for the more expensive moisturizer only. It would be $35 for 2 of the moisturizers -$10/2  plus submit for the rebate and get the $10 +UPs so $5 for 2 expensive moisturizers.

For a money maker you could buy 6 of the $7.99 cleansers and use 6 of the $3/1 coupons and receive the +UPs and the rebate for a $3MM. You'd have to do two transaction because of the P&G limit and Rite Aid's own limit 4 of each kind of coupon.



My last transaction was a MM transaction and a zero balance before taxes even without ECB. I have two CVS cards so I was able to get the Lumene deal twice. These little pots were $3.99 each and I had a $4/1 coupons. Now the coupon DID say they were not to be used on trial products but I researched and it seemed this company makes an even smaller pot that is the trial size and that others had not had any problems using thing coupon on this item. So due diligence done and my CVS had no problem with them and if they had I wouldn't have fought them on it.

So my total was -.05 before taxes plus I received $5 ECB making it a $5MM. It also triggered me over for another $5 Beauty ECB.

Not bad for a budding frugalista.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

P.S I had already used some of the toner so it doesn't come like that and no ones in the Beauty aisle of CVS doing their 3 step cleansing routine on my dime.

L.A. C

Post a Comment