Sunday, August 21, 2011

Everything starts in Hollywood

I'll admit it I have surprisingly bad taste in television. Nothing gets me more excited a marathon of Toddler and Tiaras. Not sure why. Maybe I like to torment myself? One of my new obsessions is watching TLC's Extreme Couponing. There's not a lot to this show each show features two extreme couponers starting with  a scandalous expose of their "stockpile" usually obscene stacks of toilet paper and cereal. Then it focuses on the couponer  discussing their "strategies" or showing them digging in dumpsters for coupons. Y'know the usual extreme embarrassing behaviours showcased on reality T.V. Then it moves onto the exciting part the shopping trip. This part features the couponer getting all hot and bothered and yelling at their husbands and in general just being a jerk. Of course no matter what episode you watch there is drama at the checkout that the couponer has to overcome. All in all this ain't your mothers couponing.

So I'm sitting back watching this thinking these chicks are crayzee. But.....just like I secretly wanted to don false eyelashes and tiara part of me was thinking. Could I do this and stay sane. Could I not go overboard and be cruel to my husband. Could I really save some serious money doing it?

The plan: Learn the lingo, Clip the coupons, Plan the haul, Save Money, Have Fun.



0 comments:

Post a Comment